Here's the latest example of the public taxpayer funded "free bail bond stores" trying to stay unexposed. They just refused to let The American Bail Coalition's Executive Director attend their National Association Of Pretrial Services Agencies (NAPSA) upcoming convention.
It was at one such convention that I did attend where I heard one of their leaders announce to their largest gathering: "We must be free of these vampire bail bondsmen."
What they obviously do not want a private sector bail bond person hearing is details of their continued plan for bail's demise - fully in keeping with their Operating Standard Number Five: "There should be no compensated surety".
The one thing they fear the most? The light being shined upon them.
Ironic isn't it? "Fund us with your tax dollars, but don't look at us."
Hell hath no fury like NAPSA scorned.
Jerry Watson, Chief Legal Officer of AIA, blogging about the legislative side of the bail bond industry. AIA (Allegheny Casualty, International Fidelity and Associated Bond) is the largest and oldest bail bond insurance company in the nation.
- Behind the Paper with Jerry Watson
- Jerry Watson serves as Chief Legal Officer to AIA, Senior Vice-President and Legal Counsel, Bail, at IFIC. He is the immediate past Chairman of the Private Enterprise Board of Directors of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) – America’s largest bi-partisan state legislator member organization on whose board he has represented the commercial bail industry for the past 15 years. He has also served as General Counsel of the American Bail Coalition since its founding and is a member of the Bail Advisory Council of the Surety and Fidelity Association of America (SFAA). His undergraduate and law degrees are from Baylor University and he is a graduate of the National College of Criminal Defense Attorneys and Public Defenders. He has testified as an expert on bail in various state and federal cases, among them being the country’s largest bail related damage suits. In Jerry’s 42 years in the bail industry, always as an attorney, he has represented local retail agents, general agencies, insurance companies and insurance companies’ trade associations before state and federal courts and regulatory agencies.
- aia (9)
- Bail (8)
- Bail Bond (9)
- bail bond agent (2)
- bail bond blog (1)
- Bail Bond industry (11)
- Bail bond insurance (5)
- Bail bonds (5)
- bails bond (1)
- Commercial Bail Bonding (1)
- Conflict (1)
- expertbail (9)
- jerry watson (3)
- Pretrial (6)
- Pretrial Justice Institute (2)
- Pretrial Programs (3)
- Pretrial Release (10)
- Pretrial Service Agencies (5)
- surety bail (2)